Wednesday 4 March 2015

First day teaching


Today was my first day teaching English, I was so excited to get started as we have been in the school a week now, watching other teachers. My class is KS1, so that's small class. There are baby classes, small, middle, big and big big.

For my first lesson I taught the new Easter/spring vocab. I used flash cards and then played a game where two kids at a time had to run around the cards and when I shouted a number that had to go find that card and read it out. It worked really well, we also had a few songs and dances to wake the kids up.

My second lesson was about colours. I wanted to see what the class knew song I decided to recaps. I had flash cards and went around the class asking each individual student what the colour was. Then we played a flash game on the to where the kids had to say the colour they seen. I found a fun colour dance so I played that, then for the rest of the lesson I asked the kids to colour in a Easter bunny.

We were meant to be celebrating lantin festival in the afternoon, but it's been cancled as its raining, so hopefully we get to celebrate it tomorrow! 




Speak soon,
HanHan
XX
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Super HanHan's World. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig